WGRR’s “holiday double play” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained by contacting radio station WGRR-FM (“Station”), 4805 Montgomery Rd., Suite 300, Cincinnati, OH 45212, during available business hours Monday through Friday, on the Station website www.wgrr.com, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the WGRR’s “Holiday Double Play” Contest(the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each entrant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, age twenty-five (25) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station valued at $500 or more in the ninety (90) days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last ninety (90) days valued at $500 or more. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Susquehanna Radio LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest entry period will begin at 8:01 AM ET on November 29, 2021 and will run weekdays through 4:00 PM ET on December 17, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter.
Listen to the Station on the dates and times listed below (each hour is a “Contest Round”) during the Contest Period:
November 29, 2021: 8:00am-9:00am, 11:00am-12:00pm, and 3:00pm-4:00pm
November 30, 2021: 7:00am-8:00am, 9:00am-10:00am, and 4:00pm-5:00pm
December 1, 2021: 6:00am-7:00am, 10:00am-11:00am, and 5:00pm-6:00pm
December 2, 2021: 7:00am-8:00am, 1:00pm-2:00pm and 4:00pm-5:00pm
December 3, 2021: 8:00am-9:00am, 11:00am-12:00pm, and 3:00pm-4:00pm
December 6, 2021: 7:00am-8:00am, 10:00am-11:00am, and 4:00pm-5:00pm
December 7, 2021: 8:00am-9:00am, 1:00pm-2:00pm and 3:00pm-4:00pm
December 8, 2021: 7:00am-8:00am, 10:00am-11:00am, and 4:00pm-5:00pm
December 9, 2021: 6:00am-7:00am, 9:00am-10:00am, and 5:00pm-6:00pm
December 10, 2021: 8:00am-9:00am, 1:00pm-2:00pm and 4:00pm-5:00pm
December 13, 2021: 6:00am-7:00am, 11:00am-12:00pm, and 5:00pm-6:00pm
December 14, 2021: 8:00am-9:00am, 1:00pm-2:00pm and 3:00pm-4:00pm
December 15, 2021: 7:00am-8:00am, 10:00am-11:00am, and 4:00pm-5:00pm
December 16, 2021: 8:00am-9:00am, 11:00am-12:00pm, and 5:00pm-6:00pm
December 17, 2021: 7:00am-8:00am, 1:00pm-2:00pm and 3:00pm-4:00pm
When the Station plays back-to back Christmas songs during each Contest Round, listeners must call the Station at 513-749-1035. Caller twenty-five (25) to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be entered to win a prize (each a “Qualifier”) Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
- Winner Selection. On or about 8:50am ET on December 6, 13, 20, 2021 (each a “Selection Day”), Station will select one (1) potential winner) in a random drawing from among all valid Qualifiers that have been qualified by Station during the Contest Period as of the date and time of that Selection Day. Each winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification or failure to claim the prize within three (3) days of verification as a winner will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) to claim the prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- Prizes. Three (3) prizes will be awarded in this Contest. Each winner will receive:
(a) A trip for two (2) people (the winner and a guest) to Clearwater Beach, Florida, to include: (i) round-trip coach airfare for winner and one (1) guest to Tampa, Florida; (ii) five (5) consecutive nights stay in a single-room, double-occupancy hotel accommodations at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, (iii) two (2) tickets to sail aboard the Tropics Boat tour, (iv) two (2) general admission tickets to Clearwater Marine Aquarium and (v) a mid-size rental vehicle for six (6) consecutive days.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is TWO THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED FIVE DOLLARS ($2,905).
TOTAL ARV OF ALL CONTEST PRIZES IS: EIGHT THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED FIFTEEN DOLLARS ($8,715).
To redeem portions of the prize, each winner and guest may be required to show valid proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and/or valid proof of a negative test for the COVID-19 virus within 72 hours (or such other time as required) to enter or redeem a portion of the prize.
Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
Should any winner be unable to travel for any reason, winner immediately forfeits the prize and at that time, Station may select an alternate winner in its sole and exclusive discretion and in compliance with these Contest Rules.
Travel may be taken from the time that no travel restrictions, stay at home orders, quarantine orders, shelter in place orders, “safer at home” orders, or similar orders or recommendations are in effect at either the winner’s place of origin or destination and through December 20, 2022. Blackout dates may apply. Redemption instructions will accompany all certificates. The minimum age to book all elements of this prize package is twenty-five (25).
Prizes cannot be sold or gifted, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Extensions to expiration dates will not be granted. Prize packages do not include travel to the departure airport or to the hotel (except as specifically included), meals (except as specifically included), incidentals, tips, telephone calls, airline baggage fees, or any other personal expenses incurred during the winner’s stay. Airline and schedule are at the sole discretion of Prize Provider VISIT FLORIDA. Non-stop service may not be offered. The prize winner must be one of the passengers booked in the travel party. Winner and guest(s) must have all necessary photo identification and/or travel documents required for travel.
Travel dates to be mutually agreed upon by winner and Prize Providers.Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner’s guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. No substitution will be made except as provided herein in the Station’s sole discretion. If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of winner’s prize with no guest, the prize will be awarded to winner and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
If any prize or a portion of any prize is postponed, cancelled, or otherwise unavailable due to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Station or any Sponsor, then no substitution shall be provided. Station and any Sponsors make no representation or warranty about the safety of any prize. By accepting and using a prize, each winner acknowledges and assumes all risks of accepting and using the prize, and any other risks associated with the prize.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc., and each of their affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a entrant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Publicity. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, entry, and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Susquehanna Radio LLC., WGRR-FM, 4805 Montgomery Rd. Suite 300, Cincinnati, OH 45212
PRIZE PROVIDERS: VISIT FLORIDA – 2540 W. Executive Center #200, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites – 1201 Gulf Blvd., Clearwater Beach, FL 33767
Clearwater Marine Aquarium – 249 Winward Passage, Clearwater, FL 33767
The Tropic Boat Tour – 25 Causeway Blvd., Slip #5, Clearwater Beach, Fl 33767